How do I install my GO connected car device?
The GO is a connected car device. It is installed into the on-board diagnostics (OBD-II) port in your electric vehicle. It gathers data directly from your vehicle’s internal systems, processes it, and makes it available to you via a web portal. With it, electric vehicle drivers gain access to information about their car, like driving efficiency, battery health, miles per gallon equivalent, and more.
Once you have received the GO Device, please follow the steps below to activate:
- Install your GO device into your EV, using the installation instructions included in the FAQ or your welcome package.
Model specific installation instructions will be mailed with your GO device or found in the FAQ. You can also follow the general steps below:
Your package should have included a GO Device and Cable Tie.
Part I: Installing the GO Device
- Remove the GO Device from its box. Retain the box for future reference to the GO Serial Number.
- Locate the OBD-II port in your vehicle. This port is usually located in the area between the steering wheel and the pedals, but can vary by vehicle model. The OBD-II port is trapezoidal in shape, as pictured below.
- Once located, insert the GO device into the OBD-II port and press firmly to ensure a secure connection. Refer to ‘Part II: Confirming the GO is Operational’ below, to confirm the device is working as expected before proceeding to secure the device.
Note: If you’re having trouble locating the OBD-II port, see “Where is my OBD-II port?” under Frequently Asked Questions -> Troubleshooting. Model specific instructions will be mailed with your GO device, and can also be found in the left navigation panel of this FAQ.
Part II: Confirming the GO is Operational
After you install the device, please ensure that the LED lights are indicating the GO device is working:
- All three LEDs on the GO device will flash briefly. During the 5-minute setup process, the device may also beep repeatedly as it updates to the latest settings.
- Wait until you see all three LEDs are solid
- Red – Power / Device Configuration
- Green – Cellular Network Connectivity
- Blue – GPS Network Connectivity
If all three LEDs turn solid, the unit has connected successfully.
Note: If one or more of the LEDs is still flashing, please refer to the following sections under Frequently Asked Questions -> Troubleshooting:
- “What do I do if the Red LED on my GO will not go solid?”
- “What do I do if the Green or Blue LED on my GO will not go solid?”
Part III: Securing the GO device
It is recommended for most vehicle models to secure the GO device to the OBD-II port with a cable tie as shown below. If you are unable to use the cable tie in your particular vehicle model, rest assured that FleetCarma will notify you via email if any issues are detected with the connection of your device.
The installation is now complete.
Note: If you have not done so prior to installing your GO device, please ensure you have activated the device in your Smart EV account (Refer to “Activating the GO Device” in the FAQ).